Portland, Oregon - Sock Summit, Alternatives and Free Yarn!











Did I mention we used to live in Portland, Oregon? We moved to Ohio roughly two years ago for a job opportunity. Imagine my dismay to hear the Sock Summit was in Portland! The agony! Knowing I could have simply taken a few vacation days, not have to travel, be in my own bed every night and go to the hottest sock gathering this year?!?! It seriously has been bumming me out. Every time I log onto Ravelry, I get more and more homesick for the Pacific Northwest. Yes - could I have booked a flight, flown across country, stayed with friends, had hubby watch the kids and attended. Of course. But who has an extra $800 laying around to get to Portland for three days?

Here's the strange part....I don't even knit socks. The farthest I have gotten is a two needle variety pattern written in the 1940's. DPN's are my worse enemy. Doesn't matter though. I am pouting about not going anyways. I feel like I am missing a great party because my Dad is not letting me go! Pout, pout, pout!

The upside for me is there are many projects to use all this yummy sock yarn on without actually knitting socks! With that being said, to celebrate opening day of the Sock Summit 2009, I am giving away two balls of Adriafil Knitcol Trends sock yarn! It's a self-striping/patterning yarn that knits up to almost a sport weight (kinda inbetween a true sock and at DK weight). I have a photo of some on the needles right now that are going to be awesome fingerless gloves for the Fall. The best part is there will be a tiny Hippo included (knit on Red Heart - Heart & Sole).

So what's the catch? Free yarn? Too good to be true, right? Nope! I just need a favor....Just post a comment, including your email so I can reach the random lucky winner, and tell me what you like about Herbie Dog Digs and what needs to change. All input is greatly appreciated (good or bad)!

Good luck to all and we will pick the lucky winner on Sunday!!!
3 Responses
  1. Li Says:

    Popped over from Ravelry (username there is scottishbunny2003)

    You have a lovely blog, well written and informative :) Its exactly the type of blog I read, and you have now made it onto my follow list (I set up a blog, but have yet to start writing... I'm one of those 'but who would want to read me').

    Your blog is well laid out, very coordinated and tasteful. My only criticism (and it is tiny, but you asked for feedback) is the font chosen for your title. It is a little less mature perhaps than the rest of your blog, and another font would make it 'pop'. Other than that you have done an amazing job, please keep writing :)

    Li x


  2. I looooove the hippo. I've only knit a few tiny things-- leaves and the leaf brim of a hat but I loved the results! I'm a crocheter thirsting for yarn with tons of ideas--birds, fish, scarves... so thanks for sharing!


  3. ashleyjoy26 Says:

    Good luck with your blog. Hippo is very cute. Keep up the good work