Progress!


Made some great project progress yesterday afternoon and last night! Finished the shrug for my daughter (pic to come) as well as the two-needle socks I was working on for me (photo above)! Two big checkmarks in the completed column! Yah! My son declared the socks to be "a fine piece of workmanship". He is eleven and such a goofy kid - and, yes, he really talks like that.

One step closer to Fall knitting of hats, mittens, gloves and scarves (although I have my eye on starting the "Sexy Vest" (free post of Ravelry). Before I even start a pattern now, I look at the Ravelry project progress to see what yarn people are using and what success rate they have had. It has saved me huge amounts of time with false starts. Almost everyone that has reviewed "Sexy Vest" raves about the ease of the pattern to follow and I think I have enough of the incredible Sublime yarn. Received six balls in the mail on Saturday in Aubergine - which is a beautiful purple with brown undertones.

Was also on Ravelry yesterday reading reviews of the new Berroco yarn "Vintage Wool". Again, in complete trust of the savvy Ravelry knitters, I ran to Ebay and bought six skeins of two shades of green. At over 210 yards per hank, I can see the possibility of more vests for the Fall season.
0 Responses