More Socks, More Rain.....and Gloves?












Egads. More rain for central Ohio. Yesterday was almost two inches. Woke up to fog soup this morning. More rain predicted for tomorrow. Ugh.

My entire garden is loving this whole thing. I have more cucumbers on the vine then one family could possibly eat. It's led me to research bread and butter pickle recipes on foodtv.com. I always thought you had to grow "special" cucumbers for pickles. Apparently, no. And, supposedly, they can be done in the microwave? I think I'm going to give it a whirl as in about two weeks, we will have to do some serious picking. I finally picked our lone green pepper as well. Didn't expect much as we only planted two pepper plants but only one pepper at a time? It's flowering again but at this rate, you'd have to plant a dozen plants just to make stuffed peppers.

The rain has left us tons of time for knitting. When I say "us", I mean I always have company. Sabrina changes projects and direction as quickly as I do. She is learning how to rib (k2, p2) to make herself a pair of fingerless gloves to go along with her new two-needle socks that Mom (yours truly) just finished (photo above). I must say, one should always have fingerless gloves to match ones socks, no? Anyhoo - loving this whole two needle thing a bit too much. As I posted earlier, I am a dolt with double pointed needles (stretches my comfort zone just to knit an I-cord).

Lastly, I have posted photos of a pattern I just finished (still on the fingerless glove theme). Another kick I am on is knitted leaves...and I have no idea why. Just love the way the leaves seem to "pop" out of the knitting. Love the way they turned out (and in 100% cashmere...Ooooo) and was toying with posting the pattern for free on Ravelry. Any opinions? Interest?
0 Responses