Somebody Stop Me!


Finally, the rain has lifted and the sun is shining gloriously this morning!

Did I mention that I am an addict? Yes, a fiber addict. I buy embarrassing amounts of yarn. Our mail person must think I am insane as I continuously receive packages that are squishy soft and pillow sized. In my defense, rarely do I pay full retail for any yarn. I furiously clip coupons from the Sunday paper for Joann Fabrics when I need some regular cotton yarn, or internet shop looking for the best deals on the yarn I HAVE to have. You'll notice my list of haunts to the right - these are the sites I frequently troll looking for the best deals.

Because I hunt for such great deals, most of the time either the yarn or the colorway is/was retired...which causes me to buy much more yarn than I could ever use on a project lest I run out during the last two inches of a sweater and being unable to find more. This approach/mentality to yarn buying has turned our spare bedroom into a mini LYS.

Which leads to the reason for this post. Yesterday afternoon, when the sun finally popped out for the first time in days, I took photos of Friday's mail delivery. Two packages of yummy yarn!

*The blue is the new Berroco Vintage Wool in the color Gingham. Broke one of my rules on this one and bought three hanks at full retail. Ouch. This yarn just came out to much fanfare. I read so much about how wonderful it was that I just had to have it. I can happily say that it didn't disappoint.
*The gray yarn is labeled the steal of the day. It was marked down over $6 per skein! Bought from one of my favorite UK yarn websites - Cucumber Patch. Rowan Yarns - Cashmere Tweed is 90 percent cashmere, 10 percent silk = 100 percent satisfaction from me! I love this yarn as it has tiny tweed flecks of pastel colors. Love it so much that after I took these photos, I ran back to Cucumber Patch and order some more....Sick, sick, sick!


Oh, and what am I working on right now? Yes - more two needle socks. Somebody stop me!
0 Responses