Rainy Summer Days


I love rainy summer days. It's a nice break to sit inside, not having to worry about watering the plants lest they faint away with the late afternoon Ohio heat. We spent over five years living in Oregon - you learn to appreciate liquid sunshine. :o)

Yesterday was just one of those rainy days. We had bananas ready to go over so we made a double batch of yummy banana bread.

Also, my daughter saw an alien pattern on Ravelry recently posted by Barbara Prime (check it out - totally cute and free!). She insisted I teach her how to make this pattern. I could tell I was in for a long afternoon! Up until now, she has only knit and purl (just learning purl about two months go). She turned nine in May.

I set her off to the stash looking for that perfect yarn to complete her alien. She came back with Sensation Kashmira in a beautiful blue, along with size 4 needles. To make it interesting, Mom chose one of her favorites - Jaeger Matchmaker (favorite color - Hop Green) and the trusty size 2 Signature needles.

Long story short, we spent our rainy summer afternoon yesterday knitting this together. A few of the rows I ended up doing for her as she was dropping stitches all over the place. She was soooo proud of the finished results.

0 Responses