I love you, almost Fall!

This week, we had quite the cool front come through central Ohio to conclude the final week of August.  I awoke on Thursday to a balmy 46 degree weather.  When taking the dogs out in the morning, Stitch (the avatar to the right) looked back at me as if to say "WTF?". Classic!

Yes, I am one of "those" people that puts sweaters on her dogs in the winter!  The younger dog, Oscar, wants no part of it.  He's like wrestling a wild bull just to get it on.  Stitch, on the other hand, shivers in the winter - even in the house.  He sits quietly as you put it on and seems to be very thankful for his sweaters as he doesn't pull or tug to try to get them off.  He lets us put Halloween costumes on him as well.  Very cool dog. 


We also got the news that my brother-in-law's new wife gave birth to a baby girl this week!  When hubby told me as I walked in from work, I promptly asked the name.  He said "Daisy".  Daisy?  Seriously?  I had a neighbor with a dog named Daisy.  Pair it up with our last name, Ochoa, it didn't exactly roll off the tongue.  The kids were in on it as well...Daisy?  Mommy, are you sure?  Who names their kid Daisy?

Well, hubby misheard - it's Casey.

So I whipped out the pink Rowan Cashcotton I recently acquired from The Cucumber Patch (you have to check this place out - link to the right), and started the sweetest little sweater.  I found a free pattern on Ravelry called the Provence Baby Cardigan and it's supposed to look like this when it's done.



It's been soooo long since I have knit a baby garment that it brought back fond memories of all the sweaters, soakers and booties I made for my daughter years ago.  Hubby has laid down the challenge to have it in the mail by Tuesday (I'm only halfway up the back after two nights) so I have to find some serious knitting time.  Will post progress photos this weekend.

Before starting the cardigan, I had to finish yet another pair of fingerless gloves!  I used Adriafil Knitcol Trends sock yarn in the same colorway from the yarn giveaway in August.  I just love this yarn and it knits up very bright and cheery....Will be great on those gray winter days:

 
Did about two inches of 2 x 2 ribbing then a simple knit/purl pattern I found in my Vogue Stitchionary (love these books).  Finish it off with about an inch of the 2 x 2.  The mitts are a little snug but what I learned last year is they usually stretch a bit after a few wears.
Oh!  Did anyone see the margarita scarf on Ravelry?!?!  That is a total "me" project...immediately ordered the kit in the yarn color shown (although I gave serious consideration to the grasshopper color).   Got an email today that it shipped with the tracking number...EEeee!  Mail for me soon!
0 Responses